Fulfillment refers to the process of preparing and delivering a customer’s order. Shipping a customer’s order often involves more than putting it in a box and dropping it off at a post office.
It also involves:
- Warehousing, or storing, the product or its components
- Producing or assembling the product
- Packing the order in boxes
- Labeling the order for shipment
- Notifying the customer via email and twitch that their order is on its way
- Processing payment and transferring funds for the product